hitchhikersguide to ph-neutral 0x7d4
basic info |
public transport |
cabs in berlin |
from blackhat |
general information |
cabs in Berlin:
There are lots of taxis (how cabs called here) driving around in Berlin.
You can go to one of the taxi stations located all over the city and
next to important buildings and places, like airports, trainstations, or you grab one from the street.
You can also order one to where you are via one of the following ways.
- by phone (landline / public phone): 0800-cabcall (0800-2222255)
- by mobile phone (GSM): 0177-CABCALL or 0179-CABCALL
- by SMS: 0177-CABCALL
- by WAP: <>
- by fax: 0800-TAXIFAX
- online: http://www.taxi-berlin.de/order.htm (in german)
- Tell the driver you want to go to:
c-base, Rungestr. 20, 10179 Berlin
- taxi will drop you in front of the building, go through the gate, keep going until end
cabs orderd by phone, do charge a base price (for coming to you) wich is something around 2.50 Euro.
Cabs you directly get on the street while driving by (and available), do not have this base fee.
In addition, cabs you get on the street have a special type of fare is called "Kurzstrecke" (short distance ride).
A "Kurzstrecke" works like this:
- You have to announce it when you get in the cab that you want to use "Kurzstrecke".
- A Kurzstrecke is max 5 km (3 miles).
- price is always (just) 3 Euros.
- Note: this feature is only available if you get your cab from the street. Kurzstrecke is not possible
if you get in the cab at one of the cab waiting points or if you ordered it (e.g. by phone).